1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup of 100 percent cranberry juice
1 cup honey
1 pound fresh cranberries
1 granny smith apple peeled and diced
Zest of one big orange
1) Rinse cranberries and discard any bad ones.
2) Rinse, peel and dice the apple.
3) Mix the cranberry juice, orange juice and honey in a small stainless steel saucepan. Put the mixture on medium heat and bring to boil, once it boils, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add the cranberries, diced apples and orange zest. Simmer on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until cranberries pop and the sauce thickens. Do not overcook the sauce as the consistency will break down.
Serve warm or cold.
- If using frozen cranberries, reduce liquid amounts of orange juice and cranberry juice.