It gets messy before it is tidy for this salad, so use a can of corn if a messy kitchen is not your style.
For the salad
4-6 medium zucchini
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
1 small red onion
1-2 medium corn in a husk
1-2 medium tomato
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
For the dressing
1-2 minced garlic
1 tsp Aleppo pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Keeping corn in their husk, remove any present corn tassels with a kitchen scissor. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove husk and silk. Break ears in half. Position ears vertically over a cutting board and slice down the kernels using a chef knife.
2. Slice unpeeled zucchinis into circles to 1/2 thick. Preheat your grill to medium heat. Season zucchinis with salt and black pepper and coat both sides with olive oil. Lay slices on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until fork tender.
3. Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Slice onions thinly. Chop tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Chop cilantro very small.
5. In a large bowl, mix the dressing with prepped vegetables except for zucchini.
6. over a large platter, spoon over some mixed vegetables and layer with zucchinis. Repeat layering until all zucchinis and veggies are arranged. Top off with feta and serve.